itContracting are delighted to be partnering with our client, a global leader in their sector, in the hiring of Chief Technology Officer to lead their Dublin based Software Development and Research and Innovation Centre.
This is an opportunity to lead a highly skilled team in the development of industry leading applications, software and platforms. You will have end-to-end team management responsibilities for the onshore teams and overall direction of offshore Test, QA and Development teams. You will be expected to lead from the front in terms of technology steering, leadership and technical knowledge. You will be a visionary leader and mentor and have proven experience delivering on projects and product delivery to market at the highest levels.
- Deep sectoral knowledge in leading Software Development in an enterprise level company
- Experience leading multi-disciplinary, highly skilled technical teams
- Proven ability and experience in leading software products to production and market
- Experience with managing multi-million euro IT budgets
- Proven experience in delivering on company objectives and initiatives to deadline and with profitability
- Significant experience managing at C/Executive level and management of Board/Stakeholder expectations
- Deep knowledge of the Software industry and latest technical trends, standards, methodologies and technologies
- Experience designing and implementing Continuous Improvement plans and management plans
- Responsibility for recruitment and talent management
- Highly knowledgeable in Agile/Scrum/Kanban methodologies
- In-depth technical expertise in at least a few of the following areas: Software Development, in particular Java based software and web technologies; mobile application development; Database design; Software Architecture; Data Analytics, Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning
- Ability to operate in a global capacity and willingness to travel on occasion, in particular to North America
- Experience working in a US multinational, Financial Services, Fintech, Consultancy and/or Fleet Management
This is a high visibility leadership role and a significant career opportunity. You will have ultimate responsibility for driving the design and delivery of software products, applications, platforms and solutions into a multi-billion dollar company. This is a challenging and rewarding position, providing the opportunity to work with highly talented and motivated Engineers, Project Managers, Architects and QA, DevOps and Automation professionals and lead them towards creating industry leading products.
The role carries a highly competitive salary and benefits package.
If you are interested in applying for this position please do so via the relevant links. To discuss this opportunity in confidence please contact Tom Leonard in itContracting directly on 01 218 7721 or email