itContracting are seeking applications for a Database Administrator this is a permanent position with our client in Dublin.
- Database setup, installation, management and maintenance
- Maintenance of production and testing infrastructure
- Installation of new production database servers and clusters
- Troubleshooting and upgrading of production database servers and clusters
- Driving performance and reliability from software and infrastructure
- Understanding the company's data environment
As the ideal candidate, you will have:
- Degree in Computer Science is beneficial
- In depth knowledge and experience of MySQL/MariaDB (3+ years)
- Excellent knowledge of clustering and replication
- Ability to performance check Databases and Servers (up/down/online healthy)
- Experience understanding the causes of Latency issues, identifying them and resolving them
- Stress Testing Databases
- In depth knowledge of Ubuntu server
- Ability to understand theoretical scenarios and contribute to brainstorming at a conceptual level
- Has the critical thinking skills to analyse problems thoroughly and accurately; takes a structured approach to identifying appropriate solutions
- Ability to identify appropriate technologies which advance productivity and robustness of the operation; ability to implement technology to achieve advances in productivity and/or robustness
- Is able to write clearly and succinctly in a variety of communication settings and styles; can get messages across that have the desired effect.
For further information please feel free to contact us or apply here to us. Your application will be treated in the strictest confidence.
itContracting is Ireland's key provider of IT Contract and Permanent Professionals.
Please be advised you will receive a semi-automated response to acknowledge receipt of your application.