itContracting are seeking applications for an Unix Administrator this is a long term contract position with our client in Tuam, Co Galway.
As a member of the Global IT Infrastructure team, the Unix Administrator will represent his/her department towards the Business Units and project teams and will be a key role in the management, support, maintenance, implementation, administration and lifecycle management of Unix platforms.
Key Responsibilities of the Role:
- Maintain under operational conditions the current Unix platforms and any new HP UX platforms in respect of the support processes
- Build, deploy and administer the current and any future Unix platforms.
- Installation and configuration of High Availability environment using Service Guard
Operational support on:
- Troubleshooting, incidents and problem management
- Reporting and communication.
- Assist new implementations of all System Infrastructure components such as:
- Physical and virtual servers
- Middleware components (backup, scheduling, monitoring, etc.)
- Proactive in ensuring stability, response time and operational consistency of the Unix operating systems
Key Requirements (Education and Experience)
- A Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience is mandatory
- Minimum 2-3 years' work experience in a Unix system administrator role
- Strong communication skills for customers and team members
- Experience with mission critical systems is highly desired
- Excellent troubleshooting skills
- Ability to work as part of a global team
- Experience with Progress® database administration is beneficial
- Hands on experience with HP Integrity rx2800 and rx6600 servers