Job type: Day rate contract
Certification: You must have a currently valid certification as a RedHat Certified Administrator (RHCSA)
The role of this Linux Administrator involves the day-to-day management and administration of the Hardware, RedHat Linux Operating Software and any other management hardware/software in our clients Data Centre.
There is also a requirement to liaise with other teams in the central areas in resolving issues and developing corporate policies on hardware/software configuration and deployment.
Tasks & Responsibilities:
- Continuous Monitoring of all Hardware and Operating/Monitoring Software
- Update/upgrade of Red Hat Linux versions as required
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux troubleshooting and problem resolution
- Managing RedHat Licence subscription compliance
- Day-to-day management of Servers and the SAN environment, including upgrading machine Firmware as required
- Liaising with maintenance contractors for the resolution of both planned and unplanned system outages
- Implementing security as required in conformity with Security guidelines, and monitoring security access to all environments
- Recommending/implementing enhancements to hardware configurations
- Working with suppliers to install/commission new hardware, build RHEL V7 and V8 instances on VMware, on AZURE and on physical hardware
- Regular and exception reporting to the Operations Manager on all aspects of environment activity
- Liaison with the Windows-based support groups on cross-platform requirements or issues
- Providing/updating best practice guidelines, standards and procedures on hardware/operating software deployment and configuration management
- Providing skills transfer to the relevant staff who will be working alongside or in conjunction with the Linux Administrator
- Knowledge or experience hosting SAP and Oracle database a distinct advantage
- You must have a currently valid certification as a RedHat Certified Administrator (RHCSA).
Candidates must be eligible to work in Ireland or currently hold a Stamp 4 Visa to apply.
If you are interested in applying for this role, please do so via the relevant link. If you would like to discuss this role in confidence please contact Chris Byrne in itContracting directly ( 01 526 7737 or chris dot byrne at itContracting dot ie )
Evros / itContracting is an equal opportunity employer who seeks to recruit and appoint the best available person for a job regardless of marital / civil partnership status, sex (including pregnancy), age, religion, belief, race, nationality and ethnic or national origin, colour, sexual orientation or disability. Evros / itContracting apply all relevant Data Protection laws when processing your Personal Data.
Linux Administrator, RedHat